Here's the latest...

Sunday, April 25, 2010

April Showers...2010

What a Gloriously beautiful sunny day! It's been cold and rainy for so many weeks--uncharacteristic for southern California for this time of year. The sun was welcome.

But what started as "Lets plant a vegetable garden" turned into the "Duarte rock quarry dig". This area is known for it's rock quarrys and now I REALLY understand. After planting the veggies, I thought I'd prepare the whole garden for flowers by just turning over the soil, and ended up digging for a good hour.

There is a cactus garden in the far corner. I used the aloe vera for my skin during radiation treatment.

Tom's love, roses, have been cut back, but 3 remain against the wall.

The plan is to plant wild flowers in the rest of the ground.

We are in competition for space now that Christine and I have suddenly become gardeners.

I don't really have vegetable growing skills, but it's worth a try. We dug, dropped in seeds, covered , watered and pray for a dignified crop of beans, cucumbers and carrots.

Cross your fingers for a future blog post that shows ACTUAL veggies growing out of the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers